Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thinking of Grandma

I have been thinking about my Grandma Helen a lot lately.

This picture is probably hard to see but it says: "Our Twin Baby, Eric Jacobs Johnsson, Feb 23, 1957 - Feb 24, 1957". My mom's twin brother died one day after they were born. I have thought about Grandma and wondered how she must have felt when one of her precious babies died. I am sure that as she watched my mom grow she had to have wondered what Eric would have been like. Would he be like Signe? What would he look like? What would he sound like? I just can not imagine how it must have been.

I often feel sad that Hunter is behind Fisher in development and wish that Hunter could do all the same things Fisher can do. But I am so thankful to have both of my precious babies with me.

Not only did Grandma loose her precious baby but 2 weeks later her mom died (my great-grandma) and then 5 months later her husband (my mom's dad) was killed in a car accident. I don't know how she survived!

On Memorial Day, I took the boys down to see Grandma's headstone. We love you Grandma, and miss you!



1 comment:

Emily said...

What a sweet post.