Thursday, September 20, 2012

36 years old!

August 31, 2012.

Tyler is 36 years old!!  Where does the time go?!?

I tried to do something different and fun for Tyler's birthday this year.  I surprised him with a night away to Salt Lake and made arrangements for the boys to sleep at Grandma's and cousin Keegan's.  I was so excited!! 

I picked Tyler up at his work and we went to dinner at Chili's.  He had no idea that I had a SURPRISE up my sleeve.  So when we left I just got on the freeway and told him I had more plans than just dinner.  He was very surprised.  Let's just say that should have been the end of the plan and we should have went and picked up the boys and went home.

We got to our hotel (I am not saying which one) and it was terrible!!  The room stunk so bad of must it was like we were sleeping in a locker room.  Anyway..... it just continued to get worse and worse.  At 3:30 in the morning neither of us had slept a wink so we decided to check out and go home.  We went home and finally got to bed at 5:30 am.  We slept till noon and then went and got the boys. 

I was so disappointed.  I had planned to attend a session and the Salt Lake Temple.  I packed our temple clothes and everything....I was prepared.  But instead we went home and slept.  Most expensive night of sleep, to say the least. 

However, after some phone calls and several talks with the assistant manager I was able to get a 50% refund.  I guess that was ok.  I should have read a few reviews before scheduling a bed-and-breakfast type of place.  Or I will just leave all scheduling up to Tyler from here on out.  No more surprises for him.

The next day we had our parents for a small BBQ and cake and ice cream. It was fun.  I got Tyler some new hunting clothes (all the wrong sizes so he had to take them back).  I think that I am going to tell Tyler that in the future he can just plan on birthdaying himself and that way everyone will be happy!

Here is a picture of Tyler and the boys.  Fisher has his hand in front of his face but this is about the best I could get that night.  The boys like celebrating with their dad.


Happy Birthday Tyler!

No comments: