Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Huntin Report

Well, we're back from the hunt. It was a good hunting trip for me. I shot a four point. It is the biggest deer that I have shot. Thank goodness for a family that will help even if you are the idiot that shot a deer at the furthest point possible from any road. Really, it took us about 3 hours to drag it to the road.



I'll give you the readers digest version of what went down. Me, Lee, Shay, Austin, and Josh Peck went out Monday morning. I had hiked quite a ways from where we parked, and had spotted a buck one canyon over. I hiked over to get a better look at him. When I got closer I could see a spike and two point. It was about 9:00 am and I was checking them out when I glanced down below them and spotted a four point that had just come out of a group of pines. I got one shot off at him, and thought I hit him (this turned out not to be the case). He ran back in the pines. Lee was closest to me, so he hauled the mail over to where I was sitting. We checked out the hillside for about 30 minutes to see if the buck would come back out. Since I thought I hit him, Lee offered to go over and rummage through the pines to see if he could kick him out, or hopefully find him dead. I've got to hand it to Lee, this was no little hike. The group of pines was two very steep canyons over. It took him about 45 minutes to work his way over there. As Lee worked his way through the pines the four point came out. I shot again, and this time I really hit him. This was about 10:30 am I really would have been in trouble if I hadn't been hunting with Lee, Shay, Aust, and Josh. It was really steep, rocky, and thick. I would have never gotten him out without their help. Anyway, I have posted some pictures below for you to check out.




Here's a picture of the buck.




Me, Hillary and Justin. Gotta get a picture with Justin and his first buck.



Here's Lee. He did all the hard work. If you look real hard, you can see a road down there. That is where we had to drag the deer.



You have got to start the training early. Here I am with Justin and his toy gun that makes real gun noises that Hillary just had to buy at Walmart.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holy Sh*& !! That a boy Tyler I'm totally jealous!

Kolt

you don't have to publish this if my comment is inappropriate!

Stephanie said...

Wow, it looks like you had a successful trip!! Congrats on the BUCK!!