Sunday, September 20, 2009

Basement

Hillary has been telling me I need to do a post on the blog about the basement, so here it is. We started on the basement about 3 months ago, and it has been fast and furious ever sense then. We wanted to get it done before the babies got here, so we could move the office and all of Hillary's sewing stuff downstairs. Well, we are almost finished, I just have a few odds and ends to finish up. I have posted pictures of a couple of my favorite areas. The first one is of the family room and fireplace. Just in case you wanted to know, I did all the rock on the fireplace myself after getting a few tips from my friend Chris Willis. So if you know anybody out there looking for a slow, out of shape, inexperienced mason who will demand to be paid 10 times what he is worth, then I'm their guy. The second picture is of the bathroom/shower. I think the travertine looks great. Thanks Kolter. The third and final is a picture of the finish work. My brother Lee did all the finish work and it looks awesome. My painter said it was the best finish work he had seen. I think he was really happy because that meant he didn't have to putty or caulk very much.



5 comments:

Lindsey said...

It looks awesome you guys!!! When can we move in? No really..

kelliemcc said...

Nice work Tyler, on the blog and the basement!

Natalie Bagley said...

looks great!!!

Brandan & Haylie said...

Love it! Remember to call when you start cleaning/moving stuff. Consider the labor for free...I could even take care of lunch or dinner?

Emily said...

Looks so good!