Saturday, September 25, 2010

Give Fisher some fruit

We have been reading the Book of Mormon Stories to Justin every night before bed. About 3 weeks ago we read about the Tree of Life. Lehi wanted his family to eat the fruit from the tree. Those that ate the fruit were happy.

A couple days ago I was in my room folding laundry and Justin and Fisher were in the kitchen. Justin was on a stool "doing dishes" and Fisher was just playing. All of a sudden I heard a loud crash and Fisher was crying. I ran to the kitchen to find the stool tipped over and Fisher face down on the floor and Justin sitting on the floor starting to cry. I picked Fisher up and he had split his lip and was bleeding quite a lot. Justin started to panic. He was doing a little two-step in place and was chewing on his fingers and was crying harder than Fisher was. I finally got Justin to calm down and he was helping me get a rag wet for Fisher to suck on. This is how our conversation went:

Justin: "Mom, Fisher broke his face."

Mom: "He did. But I think he is going to be ok."

Justin: "Mom, Fisher is sad."

Mom: "He is but I think he is going to be ok. Don't worry, Mommy knows it was an accident."

Justin: "Mommy, get Fisher some fruit."

Mom: "Fruit? Why fruit?" (I was not following him at this point. I was still trying to get the bleeding to stop.)

Justin: "Fruit will make Fisher happy."


It was one of those moments when "all the hard works pays off". I was so proud of Justin for remembering about the fruit of the Tree of Life and for "applying" it to everyday life. That's good for a 3-year-old. I was a proud mommy!

2 comments: