Monday, July 29, 2013

Jorgen and Heide Surprise

April 30, 2013

This morning my mom called me and said, "You'll never guess who is here?!?! Jorgen and Heide!!!"  What????  Jorgen and Heide are mom's cousins that live in Sweden.  That's right.  They just showed up in the USA and surprised all of us.  What a pleasant surprise! 

Jorgen and Heide went to mom and dad's house and no one was home so they went to Gerber's office and David called Dad at work and told him he had a surprise at the office.  Boy was my dad surprised.  Dad called mom and mom went and picked them up.  Amazingly enough Dad's job was in Saratoga Springs.  That is as close to the office as my Dad has been in years.  So mom took them out to Dad's job.  I loaded the boys up and took them to the job too.  I was so happy to see them both. 

After seeing Dad's job they drove out to my house to take the tour.  It was so nice to have them at my house.  That night we had a BBQ at Haylie's house.  Then the following night we all gathered at mom's house.  All of my mom's siblings and my cousins came to see them too. 

This is a picture of my family with them.  I just love Jorgen and Heide.  Jorgen is more like my dad's brother than my mom's cousin.  He looks like my dad, dresses like my dad, wears the same reading glasses, and loves speed just like my dad.  I am so thankful that it is important to my mom to make sure we know our Sweden relatives.  It was so good to see them and talk with them.


They only stayed a couple of days.  They had a long list of places to go and see.  They headed out to Vegas and then headed to California.  Jorgen said that he is coming back to the USA in February so he can go to a race with my Dad.  He is going to have to round up a race buggy between now and then. 

Thanks for coming and surprising us Jorgen and Heide!  Love you guys!

No comments: