Saturday, November 23, 2013

Justin's 6 - The Birthday Cake

June 22, 2013.

Nothing's better than a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake for a little boy who is turning 6 years old!  Justin has been very into Leonardo lately so he was the winner and became the face of Justin's birthday cake!

First, I started with a white frosting base.  I traced the shape I wanted by using a toothpick to trace the template I got online.

Next, I started with Leonardo's blue eye mask.

Then I added his eyes and his smile.

 Lastly, I finished Leonardo off with a green face. 

I was pretty proud of myself for creating this beauty of a Turtle cake.  The boys really liked it and was impressed too.

If only making the cake really only took 4 steps I would do this kind of cake more often.  I love making fun cakes for the boys on their birthdays.  We are now ready for the party.

No comments: