Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Q. How is it going?

A. We are in survival mode to say the least.

Everyone wants to know how we are doing since the twins came home. So here it goes...
  • 2 feedings each night times 2 babies plus pumping = very little sleep
  • one poop machine (Hunter) = a 24 pack of diapers in less than 24 hours
  • 2 babies spitting-up, pooping and peeing = laundry, laundry and more laundry
  • flu season = dry cracked hands that sting like crazy with hand sanitizer. We need to get the good expensive stuff with moisturizer in it that the hospital had
  • a 2-year-old who is starving for attention = 3 hours to get him to stay in his bed each night
  • a 2-year-old who is starving for attention = "No." has become his favorite word.

How is Justin doing? Well, for the first few days he wanted to hold the babies, help with the bottles, diapers, binkies, etc. Now he doesn't want to "help" and the first thing he does when we sit down to feed the babies is get on the kitchen counter and get anything out of the cabinet that is on the top shelf. I think the hardest thing about adjusting to having the twins home is trying to keep Justin happy. It seems like all I ever do is cry because I don't know how to give Justin the attention he wants/needs. Its a good thing Tyler is so great because he encourages me to hang in there and reminds me that I can only do the best that I can and that we will survive this crazyness.

But all in all, we are doing well and enjoying the babies at home. It is great to have all 5 of us in the same place. We are tired but it is a better tired than going back and forth from the hospital.

Thanks for the phone calls! I am sorry if I haven't gotten back to you.....I will someday, I promise!

5 comments:

Racheal said...

You let me know if you need anything

Liz said...

Hey-love ya guys! Let me know if you need anything!

Natalie Bagley said...

Hang in there. Just think back to Justin being this little and how FAST it went. Before you know it they will be running around. I'll help anyway I can!!

The Queen Bee said...

Hi Hill, I'm so glad your babies are home!! It's Julie [Bronson] Eldredge; I'm expecting Twins in April (My first babies) Can I come over and help? No seriously, I want to see the madness first hand. Email or call- I have Friday's off, I'd love to come over and hold, change & feed babies!
Love, JBE 801-787-5683

Tavia said...

Congrats on being home!! Hang in there...and just know that they will live when the house isn't perfectly clean and they wear the same outfit until it really is dirty. Your best IS good enough!!