Thursday, July 15, 2010

Double Ear Infections Times Two

I just won "Mother-of-the-year-Award."

Last week, I took Fisher and Hunter to the doctor for their 9 month check ups and to my surprise they both have double ear infections! Yeah, that would be 4 infected ears. How did I not know this? They had both been pretty fussy and not sleepy or eating very good but I was just contributing it to the teething factor. Fisher is cutting 6 teeth (3 have finally broke through) and we're not sure how many Hunter is working on. But once the doctor said ear infections it all made sense! Duh Mom.

So this makes 4 ear infections for each of them in the last 6 months. So as it looks right now we are headed for tubes.

oh, and to top it off, I had to take Hunter back to the doctor on Monday and his one ear wasnt getting better so they gave him a shot that is a strong dose of antibiotic. He had a minor allergic reaction to it. The shot and the antibiotic that he was put on for the infections is in the same class so they changed the antibiotic to a different one. Hunter is so much happier now that the antibiotic is actaully working for him!

No comments: