Saturday, November 28, 2009

Grandma Helen


When I told Grandma Helen that I was having twins she was so happy and very excited. She also had twins. My mom has a twin brother, Eric. Eric died after a few short days because his lungs weren't fully developed. Grandma has always talked about someone in the family having twins and was so excited that they were finally coming.


The last little while Grandma has had a hard time remembering things but the other day when I went to see her she surprised me. I walked in the room and our conversation went like this:


Hill: "Hi Grandma."

Grandma: "Did you bring babies?"

Hill: "Yes."

Grandma: "Are they going to let you bring them in here to see me?"

Hill: "Yes, I can bring them in to see you."

Grandma: "Well, bring them to me."



Grandma hasn't had the chance to see the twins yet so it was exciting for me to take them to see her. I was surprised when she recognized who I was and all she was concerned about were the babies! She was so cute. I let her hold both of them together and she was so happy.


Grandma Helen is very close to Heaven. She is 86-years-old. She has always been such an example of strength to me. She has persevered through many many trials in her life.


I love you Grandma!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet picture of your grandma with the twins!

Tavia said...

A very tender moment...and photo!

Brandan & Haylie said...

Thanks for making me teary-eyed! So glad that you went and took the twins. You'll always be glad that you have that picture.