Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our favorite "play activity"

Justin is a great little eater. In fact, he loves to eat. My sister always laughs and calls Justin's meals a "play activity" because he will just sit in his high chair for a good 30 minutes and eat. uh oh, he got his appetite from me and from Tyler - he's really in trouble.

He can eat with a fork now. He concentrates really hard and stabs whatever he is trying to eat and then barely gets the fork to his mouth before it falls off. His favorite thing right now to stab is watermellon!

This morning I made him oatmeal for the first time. I think that he liked it. It was Strawberries and Cream. It was a good thing he had a bath right after breakfast!

And one of mine and Justin's most favorite meal is our lunch date with Tyler. We meet Tyler once a week for lunch. Me and Justin go to LA Weight Loss to weigh in and then we meet Tyler for an awesome salad somewhere. Our favorites are Zupa's and JCW's. Of course we go to JCW's the most because we get one of those just-have-to-have raspberry shakes!! Here we are today with Tyler at Zupa's. On the menu today: salads for me and Tyler and pickles, cheese,a nd a hotdog for Justin.


Oh, I found that nifty disposable sticky placemat at target. They have a sticky strip on the back of it all the way around the edge and you just stick it right to the table for a "sanitary meal". I love it! Go ahead Dad, laugh at me all you want - its the germ-a-phobe in me.

Here is the link for the stick on placemets: http://www.target.com/Sesame-Street-Stick-Place-Mats/dp/B000R7L80C/qid=1221079536/ref=br_1_5/602-3649974-7298246?ie=UTF8&node=162694011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1
I bought them in the store and bought a 25 pack for $9.00.

4 comments:

KAT said...

Hey Hillary its Kat Seamons!!! I am so glad you left a message on my blog! Your little boy is such a little stud man..our kids are pretty close in age!!:) And may I mention you look AMAZING woman!! I am soooo proud of you!! I bet you are such a role model for so many people!! But I am like you....I love me a SKOR bar shake..that is one of our late night weakness'!! I will have to keep in touch with you on your blog!! Take care!!!:)

marci said...

My fav. activity is to eat, too! I am still high on sugar from our Enrichment night! My kids LOVE strawberries and cream oatmeal- we seriously go through 2 boxes a week!

I love the place mats... I may have to get me some!

Becky said...

He is such a cute boy I wish I could get Payton to eat as good as he does.

Natalie said...

thanks for finding our blog... we loved living across from you guys, and hope life is treating you well. your little guys is SO handsome...he looks like a lot of fun. i'll keep checking in on you - hope you don't mind!