Monday, February 23, 2009

My favorite past time

I just finished a baby blanket for a good friend of mine....shes having a girl! I really liked how it turned out.


This is an up-close picture of the fabric combo. Pink and brown are one of my favorites, especially polka-dots.


My neighbor has been teaching me how to bind the edges like this. It is so much easier than I ever expected. It is actually a little bit adicting. She also is the one who did the machine quilting on this.

I love sewing projects like this. I am always looking for people willing to fund projects...that means you buy the fabric, tell me what you want, and I will make it for you.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hillary, I seriously LOVE IT! Kolter loves it too - he was way impressed! THANK YOU!!

Racheal said...

So cute! Great job on the design and color. I like making quilts too. We should get together again sometime and make 9 like we did last time. ;)))

Rach

dslapray said...

Ok seriously!!! you are AMAZING!!! TEACH ME!!!!!! : ) and no I'm NOT joking!!!!

Stephanie said...

sorry hilary that was me posting not Dan I guess he was using the computer and didn't log off!! haha

Carrick family said...

This is soooo darling!!! Will you make one for my baby?? I ll buy fabric and you sew it??

Loralee said...

Hey remember me? I have a quilt top, does your friend quilt for a living? I am looking for someone to finish my quilt.