Monday, June 18, 2012

10 Year Anniversary

May 10, 2012.

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY!!!  This was my project I did for Tyler for our 10th anniversary.

I put together some of my fondest memories over the last 10 years. 10 memories in 10 categories = 100 memories. I enjoyed reminiscing as I put this together.


I rolled up the papers and stuck them in his laptop bag so he would get these at work.


The things you’ve taught me…. You’ve shared your BIT O HONEY with me
1.      “I am not playing what’s fair or not fair with Heavenly Father.”
2.      Whenever we serve it always comes back to bless us.
3.      Generosity in all things.  I admire your soft heart, especially for single moms.
4.      Dedication and Determination.  I have watched you with all of your projects over the years and know you are the most dedicated and most determined human being I know.
5.      To be on time. 
6.      You taught me the simplest schedule for a newborn.  Change the diaper before you feed.  You gave me encouragement that I needed to be a first time mom.
7.      Be positive.  The kids know when I am frustrated so I should try to stay as positive as possible.
8.      Be polite. 
9.      To be ambitious in all things.   When you set your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
10.  Don’t be afraid to try.  Anything you want to do you read about it, study it out, and then do it.  You are always successful too!
Tougher Times…Some of them little and some of them WHOPPERS
1.      Our first miscarriage at 12 weeks.  We had been trying for years to have a baby.  We went to your mom’s and finished the laundry room tile.  We didn’t even speak to each other.  Only cried.
2.      IVF #2 failure. 
3.      Justin having to stay in the level 2 nursery for a few additional days and not coming home with us.
4.      Loosing $1500 on couches that we bought and paid for but never got.
5.      I had a twitch in my arm for a week before I told Leslie Johnson that we were selling our home in American Fork.
6.      Giving and getting progesterone shots time and time again.
7.      Learning patience as we watch Hunter work on and reach milestones.  This is a bitter sweet thing for me but it has been humbling.
8.      Watching Hunter go through his kidney testing every 6 months.  However, we did discover his love for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during one of his testing days.
9.      10 weeks of bed rest!  You were so supportive and took such good care of me.
10.  Surviving on very little sleep when the twins were born.  I think we barely survived. 
Things we will SNICKER about forever
1.      Hillary’s chest bump.
2.      You trying to be acrobatic and imitate Hunter.  You pulled a muscle in your leg.
3.      I thought Goliath could help us place the rocks in our American Fork yard.
4.      I hid in my garments behind the boxes on the island right in front of the family room windows.
5.      My mustache buffer.  I had a scab for a week I think.
6.      Hillary: “Just close the garage so someone doesn’t see me.”  I splattered on the garage floor coming home from the temple not long after my knee surgery.
7.      Insurance agent: “As long as you didn’t do more than $750 damage we should be ok.” Hillary: “I hit 5 cars.” Insurance agent: “Oh. I’ll have to call the underwriter.”  You thought this was much funnier than I thought.
8.      Justin: “We got tickets!” He was so excited about the tickets for the Alpine Slide.
9.      The make-believe man in our basement in American Fork.  I was prepared with a weapon in every room.
10.  Your Dad’s “Dirty Hairy” Pistol.

Those Marvelous Moments (M&M)
1.      Our sealing.  I don’t remember a single word spoken to us that day but will always consider that one of my happiest memories.
2.      Justin’s birth.  I was at peace knowing you went with him to get his 1st bath.
3.      Fisher’s and Hunter’s birth.  I was scared to death but you seemed so calm.  I remember looking at them for the first time from my hospital bed and not being able to hold them.
4.      Name blessings for our 3 little boys.  I’m so blessed to have a husband that can do these things for our children.
5.      Priesthood blessings –specifically with progesterone shots and dog dreams.
6.      Justin slept by you the first night home so you could keep your protective eye on him.
7.      Dr. Hatasaka: “I see two.  Now let’s make sure there’s only two and not three.” Slight panic for a moment.
8.      You got so emotional when you wanted our families see Hunter sit by himself at his 1st birthday party. Everyone was so touched, including me.
9.      The day we brought the twins home and our entire family was in the same place.
10.  Naming our children.  It’s been all you.  You came up with Justin when I was having the second lung shot in case he came early.  You came up with Fisher and Hunter while we were having dinner at Chili’s.  Those names had to grow on me for a while.  Justin started calling his boy dolls Hunt and Fish. 
SKOR for Hillary - Things you’ve surprised me with
1.      A Surprise 30th Birthday Party in the park.  $150 cake that tasted oh so good.
2.      Taking a day off for my birthday and scheduling a pedicure for me and taking all 3 boys to Motor Class.
3.      A much wanted bike and bike trailer for my birthday.
4.      You bought me a video recorder for Christmas the year after Justin was born.
5.      Flowers on numerous special occasions.
6.      A beaded watch with interchangeable bands for Valentine’s Day.
7.      I was so surprised the 1st year you planted my pots for Mother’s Day. And you continue to do it every year.
8.      You bought me a nice camera for one of my birthdays.
9.      A mini vacuum for the stairs.
10.  You haven’t yet but I am sure one day you will surprise me with a 4-wheeler for you and the boys.

Our fun TWIX (trips)
1.      St. George before we were married…remember, it took me 4 hours to read your palm.
2.      For several years we had our Thanksgiving weekend overnights in Salt Lake.  We need to start doing this again.
3.      Sweden
4.      Escape to San Francisco
5.      Family vacation to Park City for a week (thanks to Investools and your hard work) and visiting the track hoe park every day, sometimes twice a day.
6.      1st Father’s Day camping trip to Diamond Fork.
7.      Ophir every year.
8.      Our 1st deer hunt as a family.  You shot your 1st deer.
9.      St. George …. Remember Justin’s fit when we went on our walk/hike with my family.  You packed him back to the van and it was a long ways away.
10.  Newport Beach with my family.  We went to an LA Dodgers Baseball Game.  We got lost in the hood of California.
Those MENTOS I never would have guessed we would experience 
1.      I had to carry our marriage certificate all over Sweden so I could get home.
2.      We had to take pictures of the hi/low thermometer on the footings at our Silverlake house in the middle of the night.
3.      We visited the Salt Lake County Jail every week for about 8 months.
4.      Spending an evening in the ER blowing a rock out of Justin’s nose.
5.      A child having surgery at 2 years old. Hunter’s kidney surgery.
6.      TWINS . . . remember being in survival mode, especially the first several months.  We survived on about 3 hours of sleep for about a month.
7.      Living with your mom.  I would have never thought that I would enjoy it so much.
8.      Helmets on the twins.  I was so overwhelmed by this but once they got them it was really no big deal.
9.      We built a house before we were married.
10.  Owning an RV. I would have never thought I would love camping so much.
Odds & Ends Memories - ROLO because I am out of ideas and this is my random section 
1.      You would find me and baby Justin asleep on the couch when you got home from work.  Tyler: “Justin grew today.”
2.      Hours and hours making Justin’s 1st year birthday cake.  We’ve gotten faster each birthday.
3.      Tyler: “Why is a manhole round?”  You were surprised I knew the answer.
4.      Justin: “Girls wear make-up and boys wear pants.” And “Boys wrestle and girls do bills.”
5.      All of our boys love “Ma Clark’s” swing.
6.      When we were first married you worked a full time job, drove tow truck for Vern and went to school full time.  I just worked one full time job.
7.      You gave my parents a salt lick for Christmas.
8.      Justin: “Hey Dad, you want to hear the alphabet backwards.”
9.      Fisher is a Daddy’s boy.  He likes to climb up on top of you when you sit on the couch and lay on you to watch TV.
10.  You went to school every Friday and Saturday night until you graduated with your MBA. I’m so “lucky” that my husband has his education and has a career.

Tyler is to Service as MIKE is to IKE
1.      Tying 8 quilts in 14 days with your mom for Christmas gifts.
2.      Giving a single mom the exact amount of money she needed because you felt she needed some help.
3.      Sub for Santa we did for the single mom in Brad Sunderland’s ward.  She was so humble and gracious.
4.      Fixing things up for your mom: garage, drive way, laundry room, porch.
5.      Cleaning out Haylie’s nasty fridge when Cole was diagnosis with diabetes.
6.      Cinderfella.  You took care of us so well while I was on bed rest.
7.      You are always willing to get me an extra blanket after we get in bed.
8.      Your work doing baskets for Primary Children’s Hospital.  I know I didn’t have much to do with this; but, you really took this project personal and you wanted to make a difference.
9.      We gave our couches to your sister because she needed them.
10.  In all my years in Relief Society, you switched your night at work so that I could attend my activities.  

Projects … We’ve spent at least 100 GRAND
1.      I was helping you with the deck stairs in my nightgown and having complete strangers come out back and see if they could have a tour of our home.
2.      Putting together the new play set upside down.  Taking it apart more than once to fix mistakes because of poorly written instructions.
3.      We had the nicest garage in our American Fork neighborhood.  I think the grey base trim really made it ‘pop’.
4.      Enclosing your mom’s garage.  I helped you hang the siding.
5.      You dug for hours in the dark for the walkout basement.  I helped you form the stairs in the dark…twice.
6.      You spent hours upon hours studying for the CFA.  I don’t know how you worked all day and then studied all evening.
7.      I helped you hang sheet rock in our American Fork basement with a cast on my hand.
8.      You sewed up our big blue denim bean bags on my surger.  I was pretty impressed you knew how to do that.
9.      You had to ‘talk’ me into doing the butcher block in the downstairs kitchen and I love it.
10.  And of course the most recent, remodeling our kitchen.  We have been burning the candle at both ends.

1 comment:

kelliemcc said...

That is so sweet! Seriously, between this and Hunter riding the horse, I'm a little teary :)