Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Kitchen Overhaul

We did an over haul on our upstairs kitchen!  I love the changes!  We replaced our laminate counter tops with granite, put in a tile back splash and got new stainless steel appliances.  I was very nervous because we were going dark with the granite.  I was afraid that it would show absolutely everything but then I realized it didn't matter because I wipe everything down every day anyway.  Tyler had to persuade me a little on the granite.  Then I just let him pick the back splash and surprise me.

Here is the kitchen before.

Here it is without counter tops.  This is where my stomach dropped a little and realized there was no turning back.  I was going to get something new and I hoped I liked it.

After.  I LOVE it.  We went with dark granite and lighter Stainless Steel appliances.  I really really like the under mount sink and the new tall faucet.

Tyler put in the backsplash.  He did a fantastic job.  He started the tile at 6:30pm and finished at 4:00 am.  He didnt want to clean up the mess to get it all out again tomorrow so he just plugged through it and got it done in one set up.  He grouted it the next day and then sealed it a few days after that.  I just love how it all goes so well together.

Here is an up close picture of the granite and the backsplash.

We really like the overhaul!

No comments: